Sine Osc Unit
This unit is a full-featured sine oscillator with inputs for both exponential and linear frequency moduleation (FM), phase modulation (PM), amplitude modulation (AM) and feedback. The linear FM supports thru-zero operation.
Common Oscillator Controls
- V/oct: Transpose fundamental by an amount in cents.
- f0: Set the fundamental frequency in Hz.
- phase: Set phase as percentage of one period.
- sync: Trigger a reset to the beginning of a cycle.
- level: Set the output gain.
The feedback parameter determines how much of the unit’s (pre-level) output should be used to self-modulate the phase offset. Increasing amounts of feedback causes the sine wave to morph into a saw-like or ramp-like waveform.
For low frequencies (<55Hz) and high feedback amounts (>0.95), the oscillator will turn chaotic briefly as it passes through zero.
- Additive synthesis
- Thru-zero FM synthesis
- Phase Modulation synthesis (PM)
- LFO with sync capabilities
- Follow this unit with a limiter to create a square wave.
You: Where are the controls to change the waveform?
You: OK, but I want to smoothly morph between different waveshapes!